Monday, April 8, 2013

Discipline

Hey homies!

In bible study tonight, one of my leaders, Rachel, really inspired me. She starting telling us about how she lacks discipline in her life and how quick she gives way to her desires and treats them as needs. As she spoke I remembered how often I do that. I've noticed this in my life and I've made little efforts to not satisfy my every want. Yet because I so quickly give up on self control, my strides have been mostly unsuccessful. I felt God pushing me to be greater for him, to give him more than a few minutes of resistance. I want to give him my all and be disciplined in every area of my life.

I'm also hoping that through being disciplined in my spending, God will use my extra money to bless others and bring glory to himself. I'm starting small because I am easily overwhelmed and surprise surprise... I tend to give up. I'll be praying for self control, true perspective, and opportunities to grow myself and others through this experience.

This week, my goals as of now are along the lines of...

     No spending money on coffee specifically, but also not on unnecessary treats and snacks

     To have meaningful time with God daily

     To stick to my intended plans for school work

     Washing my face twice a day, taking contacts out at night, etc.

{I feel like I'm 5 years old listing basic hygiene things, but it can be a struggle, especially once you're curled up under the covers and you remember you forgot to do something. Oh the discipline that takes to get me out of bed!}

Along with those listed above, I plan to be aware of when I'm turning wants into needs and to use discipline when I know I need it, even when it's not one of the things listed. I'll try to post updates in my week of discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment