Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Discipline Diaries (day 1 part 2)


{My discipline update for today was getting really long, so I split it into two parts. Here is part two which deals with the details of my day pursuing discipline.}

Last night, I prayed for God to make me disciplined and self controlled. I prayed for success in all my goals for the next day.

This morning, my rommate Sarah left early for class, which never happens. So, I started chopping up strawberries for breakfast and began singing "rise and shine and give God the glory glory" because it came into my head. Even something as small as that was God pushing me to dwell on him this morning. Then as I sat with my breakfast, I began praying aloud to God and asking him to help me again with discipline and also to teach me how to pray expectantly (which I explained in my previous post). I tried to think of something to pray for that was specific and that required God, meaning it couldn't be put aside as a mere coincidence. I struggled because I was afraid to ask for something out of the ordinary. I just felt silly. To be totally honest, I didn't trust that God would answer my prayer. 

By the time I needed to leave for class, I realized that God had actually answered one of my goals for the day. I had honestly had a meaningful time with the Lord. It wasn't long, but there was conviction, there was pleading, and there was answered prayer! Even in my unbelief and distrust, God was so good to me and wanted to show me that he does answer prayer and will satisfy my desire to not only be disciplined, but also to pray expectantly. 

Throughout my day so far I have been disciplined! I went to Radinas and did not purchase anything! I read my history chapter for the first time in months, along with other homework and chores. And you'll be happy to hear that my personal hygiene is great! (I'm even flossing!) I'm enjoying being aware of the big and small areas in my life which lack discipline and slowly having victory over them through Christ. I will try to do a better job of remembering those things tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment