Friday, July 12, 2013

NOLA Friday

4:18pm- I wrote a long piece of this post this morning and apparently didn't save it, so I guess I needed to dwell on it some more. This won't be near as thorough as the prior post but I'll re-write my thoughts.

Today is day 1 of the ride home. We left at 9:00am and will be getting in in about 15 minutes! My word today is discipline because I need to get a lot done in the car. I slept most of the way to New Orleans, so I'm making up for that. I need to read 4 chapters in Alter Ego, 2 in Rule of Life, and I need to study Job. So far, I've read 3 chapters of Alter Ego (with a few naps in between). I plan to do rule of life tomorrow and I just don't feel alert or focused enough to study Job in a van with 8 high schoolers. I did manage to update my car playlist. And on the way here I named my ford escape. Her name is dory! Because of dory's line about the word "escape" in finding nemo. And she looks like a dory, so it works great! So, I've had successes and failures with my word today. My goal is to at least have Jesus time tonight, whether it's Job or something else. I also want to finish my last Alter Ego chapter. Tomorrow I'll need some dramamine which will make me sleepy, so we will see how much I can get done. 

5:17pm- We made it to Memphis! We are hanging out until pizza gets here in 30 minutes, and then we are headed to a place with go carts and the like. Looking forward to another fun night with these kids. I love how they interact with everyone no matter what grade they're in! Things have changed from when I was in high school. I'm hoping to get together with everyone from the trip to see despicable me 2 next Saturday! So excited!

11:28pm- Erica, Spencer, and I discussed Alter Ego which was about honoring others and being grateful. It was really good! I posted about it earlier but didn't save it, so I'll post something tomorrow. We also started planning the highschool girls night and boys night. I'm so excited! I hope a bunch of kids come cause it'll be so fun! We are gonna plan the senior night this week. Spencer and I are planning more of our sermon (which is in 2 weeks) this week as well! I'm excited to talk on Daniel.

Duing dinner, the seniors each got up for a minute or two and gave the under classmen advice. It was really Biblical and wise. It made me tear up to see you shining through them. They are all so great and love the Lord! I'm excited to hang out with the few who will be attending K-State next year! I want to pursue unbelievers next year as my number one priority because it's so difficult for me, after that I want to reach out to these new freshman from OBC, and then my friend grouo from HCA an my Christian challenge girls! Can't wait for next year and I'm praying for the Holy Spirit to work in me and give me boldness and joy that doesn't get wear off. I need lots of discipline so I can fill up, then lots of grace to be able and willing to pour out. I'm excited because I know there's potential for this life of mine to bring others to a deeper relationship with you or maybe start one that was never there. And you will receive all the glory because I know it's nothing in me and I will make sure everyone else knows that it's Jesus alone that brings good things. I'm pumped to have a great support team behind me, especially my intern folk at KSU, Spencer and Sam. 

Tonight was so fun! We went to an arcade that also had bumper boats and go carts. For the first hour or so, Spencer, Erica, Ian and I taled about Alter Ego at a picnic table outside the arcade. Once we went inside, we played lots of ski ball and other arcade games and got 1757 tickets as a group of 4 mostly contributing, but we had 6 of us running around together at the end- Corey, Erica, Matt, Nicole, Ian, and me. We got chinise finger traps, little ninjas, hats, big sunglasses, candy, swords, etc. I learned that Erica really likes arcades and I love that about her! So much fun. I love being with people when they're doing something they enjoy. Everyone was so smiley and happy! Erica was really lucky in the games too, and I was the furthest thing from it. In a few tries she landed in the 75 and 25 ticket slots and in 6 tries I totally about 10 tickets. It was really funny.

Can't wait to be home! (It's bittersweet cause I'll miss living with these highschoolers too.) Goodnight homies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment